MetisSwap Testnet User Guide
Welcome to the Testnet edition of MetisSwap!
What is MetisSwap?
A Layer 2 Decentralized Exchange application building on Metis Layer 2 Beta Testnet.
Why are you launching MetisSwap?
Decentralized Exchanges are the most complicated application in all of DeFi. Launching MetisSwap proves that any and all DeFi projects can run on Metis Layer 2 Beta Testnet from now on.
What you can do via MetisSwap?
You will be able to:
- Bridge ETH from Layer 1 (Rinkeby Testnet) to Layer 2 (Metis Layer 2 Beta Testnet).
- Connect with Metis Layer 2 Beta Testnet wallet.
- Get $METIS test tokens from Metis Faucet.
- Create your own test token on Metis Layer 2 Beta Testnet.
- Add your test token into the liquidity pool and swap them with other tokens.
Who can use MetisSwap?
Anyone. Whether you’re DeFi-savvy or a total newbie, give MetisSwap a try to experience the blazing speed and low gas fees of Metis Layer 2.
How can I get airdrop rewards for testing?
- Hold at least 10 $METIS tokens for at least two weeks in the wallet that you will use to participate in MetisSwap testing. Tokens can be bought on Gate.io or Uniswap.
- To participate in MetisSwap testing, you’ll need to connect with MetisSwap Testnet, create your own token, add liquidity, and then swap it (a detailed user guide can be found below).
- Testing period: June 29 to July 16 (12 pm UTC).
- Follow Metis on Twitter and Telegram.
- Airdrop rewards: 600 qualified testers will be rewarded with 5 $METIS tokens each.
How to Use MetisSwap
USER GUIDE STEP 1: CONNECT TO METISSWAP:
Log in at testswap.metis.io
USER GUIDE STEP 2: GET RINKEBY TEST ETH AND BRIDGE (TRANSFER) IT FROM LAYER 1 TO LAYER 2.
- Connect your MetaMask wallet to “Rinkeby Test Network”.
- Click “Give me ETH” to get test ETH tokens.
- You will find that 0.1 test ETH has been sent to you.Or you can follow the instructions and get more test ETH via Rinkeby Faucet https://faucet.rinkeby.io/
- Click “Bridge Assets”, input the number of test ETH that you hope to bridge, and transfer that ETH from
- Rinkeby Test Network to Metis Layer 2 Beta Testnet.After clicking “Transfer”, the MetaMask wallet will pop up for you to confirm the transfer.
- Congratulations, your test ETH asset has been transferred to Metis Layer 2!
Now let’s start to test more functions.
USER GUIDE STEP 3: CONNECT WITH METIS LAYER 2 TESTNET
MetaMask will pop up with a notice of the configuration of MetisLayer2Test. Click “Approve” to switch your network to MetisLayer2Test network.
USER GUIDE STEP 4: GET METIS TEST TOKENS FOR PAYING GAS FEES
USER GUIDE STEP 5: CREATE YOUR OWN TOKEN ON METIS LAYER 2 TESTNET
In order to better use the Swap functions, you can create your own token on Metis Layer 2 Beta Testnet, add it into the liquidity pool, and swap it with others.
Click “Create Token”, input the Token Name, Symbol, and the amount of Supply (you can drag the bar to adjust the amount). Then click “create” to mint your very first Layer 2 token on Metis Beta Testnet.
After clicking “Confirm” in MetaMask, your Layer 2 token will be created.
USER GUIDE STEP 6: ADD YOUR TOKEN ADDRESS TO METAMASK
After the creation of your token, on the Congratulations popup page, click “Add to MetaMask” to add your token. You will then be able to view your token in the Assets section of your MetaMask wallet.
You have now added your own token in MetaMask, but not yet to the official MetisSwap token list. In order to do that, follow the instructions on the page, send the Tweet, post your screenshot in our Telegram group, and tell our Telegram admin that you hope to add the token into the official list so that other people can also swap your token.
USER GUIDE STEP 7: ADD YOUR TOKEN INTO THE LIQUIDITY POOL
Click “Pool”, and then “Create a pair”.
Choose the token pair (e.g. W6/Metis) for which you want to add liquidity. Input the number, then approve the transaction.
Confirm the transaction in MetaMask.
After the confirmation, click “Supply” to add the token pair into the liquidity pool.
Confirm to create your pool and supply.
Your pool has been created!
If you can’t find your pool, use the “Import” function to add it.